Deputy General Manager / General Manager (BMS)
Mall Centre Head
Interface and coordination with
- Mall Ops Team
- Mall Fit out Team
Retain strong technical expertise, reporting to the Mall Leadership, supervise, maintaining the building, grounds, and physical plant with attention towards safety, security, and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Responsible for maintaining standards and regulatory requirements. This is a very critical role and so excellent communication and leadership skills are vital, breadth of experience, evidence of success on comparable projects, leadership experience, chartered status, signatory responsibility (work sign-off) and stakeholder management skills.
Role & Responsibilities
- Build, monitor, govern the processes required to maintain building standards as per guidelines Develop protocols to ensure process execution, reporting and escalation to ensure the above
Ensure all Compliances, Internal & External Audit controls Guiding and supervising maintenance of the facilities.
- Communicating the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring associate understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety
- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Supervising or guiding the maintenance and the repair of equipment. Monitoring the construction / enhancement / renovation process and ensuring the procedures and outcomes.
- Providing services that are above and beyond for tenant satisfaction and retention.
- Respecting and complying with record confidentiality requirements.
- Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand tenant needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Achieving and exceeding goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc
- Ensures compliance with state and local regulations.
- Maintains property life safety systems (e.g., firefighting equipment, sprinkler systems, and alarm systems), ensures mall policies are administered fairly and consistently, develops, and manages Engineering budget.
- Ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans oversees execution of long-term preventative maintenance and supervises construction to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensures team members are treated fairly and equitably, coaches and supports engineering leadership team to effectively manage controllable expenses (e.g., heat, light and power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, inventory, etc.)
- Addresses potential areas of concern and proposes solutions to owners in a proactive manner.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms, resolves tenant problems and complaints.
Qualifications & experience:
- BE/BTech (Electrical Engineering Preferred).
- Desired experience 15-18 years. A background of Marine Engineering or BMS (Mall) Operations will be preferred.
- Should have managed a large unit and complex team set up.
Personal Traits & Competencies
- Must have good knowledge of best practices in mall management & Operations
- Result Oriented
- Customer Orientated
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Quick on decision making
- Ability to lead and manage diverse team
- Lead by example
- Getting the work done thru’ service providers
- Ability to do multi tasking
- Good interpersonal skills
- Mature and balanced
- Process driven
Interested in joining us?
Send us your CV on email@example.com
Looking for something specific? We'd be delighted to help you.