The past few years saw more businesses recalibrating themselves as a step towards reaching sustainability goals. This is being done in the light of environmental changes and greater accountability of businesses towards the world around them. Sustainability strategies demonstrate how businesses can contribute to sustainability standards while thriving at the same time.
At DLF Cybercity Gurgaon, we understand how imperative sustainability goals are and how we can shape the future that shapes us. We know that working hand in glove with ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) strategists to build future-proof infrastructure creates a win-win situation. Owing to our foresighted approach and energy-efficient strategies, over 40 million sq. ft of the DLF Offices portfolio nationwide has won U.S. Green Building Council's (USGBC) LEED Platinum certification. Additionally, approx. 36.7 million sq. ft of our portfolio has also been awarded the LEED Zero Water certification, deeming us the world leaders in this accreditation. This is a testament to our resolve to create sustainable office spaces in Gurgaon, and India, where nothing goes to waste.
Here are a few ways in which DLF has incorporated sustainability in the office spaces in DLF Cybercity Gurgaon:
- Green Landscaping: Cybercity provides a serene environment to work in with well-maintained green spaces in and around the office buildings. The landscaping affirms employees that they are closer to nature and thus mitigates stress and creates a calmer surrounding. Apart from the aesthetic benefits, a greener interior decreases the particulate matter in the environment, providing a cleaner micro-climate every time you step into the office.
- Water treatment and reuse: DLF Cybercity recycles its water by employing effective water management strategies. Our strategies are aimed at using more recycled water than freshwater for maintenance purposes. The sewage treatment plant has the capacity of treating millions of litres per day to ensure zero discharge of wastewater. Our passionate endeavours have successfully paved the way to bringing down water intensity in our office spaces by a significant amount. The recycled water is used for landscaping, cleaning, flushing, etc. at the various offices in DLF Cybercity Gurgaon.
- Rainwater harvesting: In addition to reusing water, DLF cybercity also focuses on generating alternative sources of water. Rainwater harvesting is one such strategy wherein we help replenish underground water levels. For this purpose, DLF has installed multiple rainwater-harvesting pits. This initiative has resulted in raising the groundwater level significantly.
- GIS power plant: DLF Cybercity's natural gas-based captive power plant uses co-generation technology which helps in providing uninterrupted power supply to Cybercity. The installation of GIS is a significant step toward reducing carbon footprint.
- Solar panels and turbines: We realise that clean and green sources of energy are the future. In order to harness natural energy sources and reduce the carbon footprint of our commercial buildings, a robust solar power plant has been installed on the rooftops. It minimises our dependence on traditional power.
- Light and motion-sensitive fixtures: Office spaces in DLF Cybercity Gurgaon are equipped with motion-sensitive interior lights, while the exterior lights are photo-sensitive. This ensures minimum idle usage of electricity.
- High-efficiency pumps and chillers: DLF Cybercity is perhaps an ecosystem of the best office spaces in Gurgaon with respect to sustainability, owing to great attention to detail in every aspect. The chillers and pumps in our office buildings have been upgraded with the latest technology to ensure the highest energy efficiency.
Our visionary strategies are aimed at improving not only the experience of working in offices but also the impact that we have on the world around us. DLF Cybercity Gurgaon is the world's first developer-owned city and community to have won the LEED Platinum certification under the LEED v4.1 Cities and Communities: Existing rating system. But we do not wish to stop here. Our aim is to reach net zero goals very soon with a sustainability-centric and climate-conscious approach.
For companies that share our vision, we provide office spaces for lease in DLF Cybercity Gurgaon that are hailed as some of the world's most sustainable. We are dedicated to creating a working environment that is customer-centric and environment-friendly at the same time. Thus, by working in DLF Cybercity Gurgaon, not only does your productivity flourish, but the ecosystem around it as well.